Planning & Development
IGNITE has developed a framework for the philanthropic process that is based on best practices and years of experience designing, supporting and evaluating programs and solutions for our clients.
We offer flexibility in our planning and set-up services, so clients can start the process at the beginning or jump in at any stage.
- Gather information about your giving history
- Engage in exercises that help you articulate core beliefs about wealth, family, values, and corporate citizenship, as well as passions for giving
- Compile the findings from the assessment to align your interests with your giving strategy
- Create proposed mission and vision statements to guide decision making
- Lead meetings or group retreats with customized discussion sessions that identify each client’s focus and giving goals
- Develop a framework, a philanthropic plan, and benchmarks that will launch your new giving strategy into action
- Build a knowledge base around your interest areas, potentially including site visits to specific organizations and meetings with topic experts
- Develop white papers, and immersion in the issues you have selected
- Act as the “staff" for your giving program or foundation, according to your resources and needs
- Define roles and responsibilities, organize board and/or family meetings, research and prepare proposal summaries, and set up administrative and financial procedures
- Engage in ongoing communication and evaluation to measure the impact of your giving
- Revisit your mission and goals and consider the results of your efforts